Accounting Services offers a full range of personnel services. The level of service provided can be customized to meet an organizations' unique needs. We have several years experience providing personnel services to a variety of agencies with widely varying types of positions and management cultures.
We have an experienced and highly competent staff, modern web-enabled systems, and a reputation for high-quality customer service. We invite you to examine the sections below describing the program areas in more detail to determine if we might be able to meet your Human Resources service needs.
Personnel Actions Processing & Resources
- Provides timely, accurate customer service, at a competitive rate, based on established procedures and best practices.
- Administers a web-based system for managers to submit Requests for Personnel Actions.
- Processes personnel actions and withholding documents, including input of the documents to NFC and error resolution.
- Ensures that personnel actions are processed timely and records are accurate and complete.
- Coordinates new employee orientation.
- Provides personnel data reports upon request.
- Files and maintains personnel records, including Official Personnel Folders (OPF's).
- Issues Notifications of Personnel Actions, SF-50s, to employees in a timely manner.
- Processes court-ordered deductions:
- Child support/alimony
- Commercial garnishments
Employee Benefits and Administration
- Resolves time and attendance or leave issues by working directly with managers, timekeepers, and employees.
- Administers time and attendance systems
- Serves as liaison between timekeepers.
- Provides advice and guidance on leave programs to managers, timekeepers, and employees.
- Resolves complex pay and leave administration issues including back pay, settlement agreements, etc.
- Coordinates Leave Transfer Program.
- Initiates and processes exit clearances for separating employees.
- Establishes and monitors employee indebtedness for corrected timecards, administrative debts, processing waivers, etc.
Staffing and Recruitment
- Assists managers with decisions on advertising vacancies.
- Prepares vacancy announcements and advertising.
- Assists managers with job analysis and developing crediting plans.
- Determines eligibility and minimum qualifications.
- Provides guidance to raters.
- Prepares certificates of eligible's.
- Finalizes selections, including sending confirmation letters.
- Administers special emphasis hiring programs (e.g., Student Career Employment Program, Veterans Programs).
- Prepares career ladder promotion ticklers for new hires.
- Responds to applicant inquiries regarding outcome of vacancy announcements.
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves all staffing and classification actions for accuracy and completeness. Obtains Departmental and/or OPM concurrence as necessary.
- Administers significant components of pay administration including implementing and advising on policies and procedures relating to grade and pay retention, recruitment and retention flexibility, and Fair Labor Standards Act designation.